Some info and Rules about tomorrow’s VCR Thanksgiving Alley Cat.
Registration Starts at 7:30 pm at the Windward Circle in Venice CA. the race will start shortly after 8pm, don’t be late or the race will start without you.
MUST BRING: Some cash, Bike, pen, lights, lock, bag, pen, paper, map or smart phone or a buddy who knows where they are going, helmet and a pen. I made about 20 manifest because I don’t think more than that will shop up. But if they do, partner up with someone.
This race is supposed to simulate a really stressful day at a courier company where all the employees are a bunch of slackers and the boss (me) is sick of it! He’s ready to fire everyone and get a whole new staff, but he’s giving everyone one last chance. This is what you’ll get in the back of your manifest.
Welcome to the 5th edition of the VCR Thanksgiving Alley Cat. This year’s race is very different from all the past. VCR has become a bicycle courier company.
Welcome to VCR Courier, “The fastest bicycle delivery service in Venice, California”. They have very high standards and very impatient customers. VCR Couriers main priorities are to be on time and always keep the customer happy; this requires all its employees to act their best when in front of them. If you are late, the package is damaged or you are rude to our clients you are FIRED! Today, you are very late from parting the night before and your boss is pissed the fuck off! On top of that there’s a lot of work that needs to be done and your clients are calling asking “Where the fuck is my package?!”
You are totally fucked and if you fucked this one up. You are fired. This is going to be a very stressful day for a VCR Courier. (Good thing this is only for shits and giggles)
YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE STEPS!
· Go to dispatch and find out what your job is. Remember to be nice to your dispatcher; your boss is looking for any reason to fire your ass.
· Sign in/ Clock in.
· Pick up in any order and then drop it off with the clients.
· All the clients are in fake buildings and you have to sign in and out when you enter or exit the building.
· Drop off the package with your client and get clients signature on the “Clients Manifest”. If the Client asks you to do something you must do it! That means, If they are bored and they want to hear a joke, you tell them a joke; if they ask you to do pushups, you say “how many?”. WE MUST KEEP OUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY. If they complain, you are one phone call away from getting fired. Simple, Sign into the building, Drop off package, get signature from client, sign out of the building.
· Once you are done with the job, go back to dispatch for more work.
· Once you are done with all your work, Sign out/Clock out. You are not getting paid hourly, but you will be rewarded for your hard work.
All these locations are infested with thieves trying to turn you work bike into some quick crack money. Remember to lock up your bike at every location you go to or you will get jacked (or fucked with!)
There’s only so much work you can do. You must complete 3 “client manifest” in order to keep your job. Do as many jobs as you can, but if there are no more jobs left. Your day ends early and you can start looking for a new job because you are FIRED!
GOOD LUCK AND DON’T GET YOUR ASS FIRED TODAY!
Hope to see you all tomorrow!
Predator Cycling, Santa Monica Airlines, Golden Saddle Cyclery, Bicycle.net, VCR/VRR, Hernian.com, Deus Ex Machina